Thesaurus for steal
Definition of steal
- (n): a stolen base; an instance in which a base runner advances safely during the delivery of a pitch (without the help of a hit or walk or passed ball or wild pitch)
- (n): an advantageous purchase; "she got a bargain at the auction"; "the stock was a real buy at that price"
- (v): steal a base
- (v): move stealthily; "The ship slipped away in the darkness"
- (v): to go stealthily or furtively; "..stead of sneaking around spying on the neighbor''s house"
- (v): take without the owner''s consent; "Someone stole my wallet on the train"; "This author stole entire paragraphs from my dissertation"