Thesaurus for stomach
Definition of stomach
- (n): an enlarged and muscular saclike organ of the alimentary canal; the principal organ of digestion
- (n): the region of the body of a vertebrate between the thorax and the pelvis
- (n): an appetite for food; "exercise gave him a good stomach for dinner"
- (n): an inclination or liking for things involving conflict or difficulty or unpleasantness; "he had no stomach for a fight"
- (v): put up with something or somebody unpleasant; "I cannot bear his constant criticism"; "The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"; "he learned to tolerate the heat"; "She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage"
- (v): bear to eat; "He cannot stomach raw fish"