Thesaurus for submit
- submit, subject, state, put forward, posit, present, relegate, pass on, bow, defer, accede, give in, take, put in, render, resign, reconcile, abide, accept, advise, apply, bear, brook, buckle under, digest, endure, gift, give, knuckle under, propose, put up, refer, stand, stick out, stomach, succumb, suffer, suggest, support, tolerate, undergo, yield
Definition of submit
- (v): accept or undergo, often unwillingly; "We took a pay cut"
- (v): accept as inevitable; "He resigned himself to his fate"
- (v): put before; "I submit to you that the accused is guilty"
- (v): submit or yield to another''s wish or opinion; "The government bowed to the military pressure"
- (v): refer for judgment or consideration; "She submitted a proposal to the agency"
- (v): make an application as for a job or funding; "We put in a grant to the NSF"
- (v): yield to the control of another
- (v): hand over formally
- (v): make over as a return; "They had to render the estate"
- (v): refer to another person for decision or judgment; "She likes to relegate difficult questions to her colleagues"