Thesaurus for suggestion
Pronunciation of suggestion: S AH0 G JH EH1 S CH AH0 N (səɡ'dʒɛsʧən)
Number of syllables of suggestion: 3
Pronunciation Video of suggestion
Definition of suggestion
- (n): the act of inducing hypnosis
- (n): the sequential mental process in which one thought leads to another by association
- (n): an idea that is suggested; "the picnic was her suggestion"
- (n): a proposal offered for acceptance or rejection; "it was a suggestion we couldn''t refuse"
- (n): persuasion formulated as a suggestion
- (n): a just detectable amount; "he speaks French with a trace of an accent"
Examples of suggestion
- Gambit has the power of suggestion.
- He accepted my suggestion.
- The man's suggestion is unobjectionable.
- In hindsight the suggestion was counterproductive.
- I support the suggestion of the nominator.
- Even the suggestion of impropriety is damaging.
- The suggestion is too formulaic.
- Any suggestion to the contrary is fanciful.
- The suggestion was receded after a while.
- He was most indignant at the suggestion.