Thesaurus for suppose
Definition of suppose
- (v): expect, believe, or suppose; "I imagine she earned a lot of money with her new novel"; "I thought to find her in a bad state"; "he didn''t think to find her in the kitchen"; "I guess she is angry at me for standing her up"
- (v): to believe especially on uncertain or tentative grounds; "Scientists supposed that large dinosaurs lived in swamps"
- (v): require as a necessary antecedent or precondition; "This step presupposes two prior ones"
- (v): take for granted or as a given; suppose beforehand; "I presuppose that you have done your work"
- (v): express a supposition; "Let us say that he did not tell the truth"; "Let''s say you had a lot of money--what would you do?"