Thesaurus for table
Pronunciation of table: T EY1 B AH0 L
Number of syllables of table: 2
Pronunciation Video of table
Definition of table
- (n): a piece of furniture having a smooth flat top that is usually supported by one or more vertical legs; "it was a sturdy table"
- (n): a piece of furniture with tableware for a meal laid out on it; "I reserved a table at my favorite restaurant"
- (n): food or meals in general; "she sets a fine table"; "room and board"
- (n): a set of data arranged in rows and columns; "see table 1"
- (n): a company of people assembled at a table for a meal or game; "he entertained the whole table with his witty remarks"
- (n): flat tableland with steep edges; "the tribe was relatively safe on the mesa but they had to descend into the valley for water"
- (v): hold back to a later time; "let''s postpone the exam"