Thesaurus for table
Pronunciation of table: T EY1 B AH0 L ('teɪbəl)
Number of syllables of table: 2
Pronunciation Video of table
Definition of table
- (n): a piece of furniture having a smooth flat top that is usually supported by one or more vertical legs; "it was a sturdy table"
- (n): a piece of furniture with tableware for a meal laid out on it; "I reserved a table at my favorite restaurant"
- (n): food or meals in general; "she sets a fine table"; "room and board"
- (n): a set of data arranged in rows and columns; "see table 1"
- (n): a company of people assembled at a table for a meal or game; "he entertained the whole table with his witty remarks"
- (n): flat tableland with steep edges; "the tribe was relatively safe on the mesa but they had to descend into the valley for water"
- (v): hold back to a later time; "let''s postpone the exam"
Examples of table
- The bowl was removed from the table and the table was enlarged.
- The table is slanted a bit.
- The witch sets the box onto the table.
- The first table is fine, with the text flowing to the left of the table.
- He reclines on the table.
- He fixed the bedecked table.
- The table is the code table for the glitch.
- The table is much more impractical.
- Yes the contents of the table appear to contradict the definition of object.
- The table is readily disassembled.