Thesaurus for tempt
Pronunciation of tempt: T EH1 M P T (tɛmpt)
Number of syllables of tempt: 1
Pronunciation Video of tempt
Definition of tempt
- (v): induce into action by using one''s charm; "She charmed him into giving her all his money"
- (v): provoke someone to do something through (often false or exaggerated) promises or persuasion; "He lured me into temptation"
- (v): try presumptuously; "St. Anthony was tempted in the desert"
- (v): dispose or incline or entice to; "We were tempted by the delicious-looking food"
- (v): give rise to a desire by being attractive or inviting; "the window displays tempted the shoppers"
- (v): try to seduce