Thesaurus for termination
Pronunciation of termination: T ER0 M AH0 N EY1 SH AH0 N (,tɜrmə'neɪʃən)
Number of syllables of termination: 4
Pronunciation Video of termination
Definition of termination
- (n): the act of ending something; "the termination of the agreement"
- (n): the end of a word (a suffix or inflectional ending or final morpheme); "I don''t like words that have -ism as an ending"
- (n): something that results; "he listened for the results on the radio"
- (n): a place where something ends or is complete
- (n): a coming to an end of a contract period; "the expiry of his driver''s license"
Examples of termination
- He wanted the immediate termination of the BIA.
- The main focus of most deadlock provisions are the termination provisions.
- The Avrocar story did not end with the termination of the program.
- Denunciation refers to the announcement of a treaty's termination.
- After the termination of hostilities, the unit was demobilized.
- At the termination of the timing interval, the engine is disabled.
- The termination of the investigation has been controversial.
- The last and final stage of the RDM is the termination stage.
- The diagnosis was confirmed after termination of the pregnancy.
- The major differentiation between the two words is the vowel termination.