Thesaurus for think
- think, believe, consider, conceive, opine, suppose, imagine, reckon, guess, cogitate, cerebrate, remember, retrieve, recall, call back, call up, recollect, intend, mean, alter, anticipate, center, centre, change, conceive of, concentrate, envisage, evaluate, expect, focus, ideate, judge, modify, pass judgment, pore, rivet, will, wish
- related terms
Definition of think
- (n): an instance of deliberate thinking; "I need to give it a good think"
- (v): bring into a given condition by mental preoccupation; "She thought herself into a state of panic over the final exam"
- (v): recall knowledge from memory; have a recollection; "I can''t remember saying any such thing"; "I can''t think what her last name was"; "can you remember her phone number?"; "Do you remember that he once loved you?"; "call up memories"
- (v): be capable of conscious thought; "Man is the only creature that thinks"
- (v): use or exercise the mind or one''s power of reason in order to make inferences, decisions, or arrive at a solution or judgments; "I''ve been thinking all day and getting nowhere"
- (v): have or formulate in the mind; "think good thoughts"
- (v): expect, believe, or suppose; "I imagine she earned a lot of money with her new novel"; "I thought to find her in a bad state"; "he didn''t think to find her in the kitchen"; "I guess she is angry at me for standing her up"
- (v): judge or regard; look upon; judge; "I think he is very smart"; "I believe her to be very smart"; "I think that he is her boyfriend"; "The racist conceives such people to be inferior"
- (v): dispose the mind in a certain way; "Do you really think so?"
- (v): have in mind as a purpose; "I mean no harm"; "I only meant to help you"; "She didn''t think to harm me"; "We thought to return early that night"
- (v): focus one''s attention on a certain state; "Think big"; "think thin"
- (v): ponder; reflect on, or reason about; "Think the matter through"; "Think how hard life in Russia must be these days"
- (v): decide by pondering, reasoning, or reflecting; "Can you think what to do next?"
- (v): imagine or visualize; "Just think--you could be rich one day!"; "Think what a scene it must have been!"