Thesaurus for tin
Definition of tin
- (n): airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc.
- (n): metal container for storing dry foods such as tea or flour
- (n): a silvery malleable metallic element that resists corrosion; used in many alloys and to coat other metals to prevent corrosion; obtained chiefly from cassiterite where it occurs as tin oxide
- (v): prepare (a metal) for soldering or brazing by applying a thin layer of solder to the surface
- (v): preserve in a can or tin; "tinned foods are not very tasty"
- (v): plate with tin