Thesaurus for toast
Definition of toast
- (n): slices of bread that have been toasted
- (n): a drink in honor of or to the health of a person or event
- (n): a person in desperate straits; someone doomed; "I''m a goner if this plan doesn''t work"; "one mistake and you''re toast"
- (n): a celebrity who receives much accalim and attention; "he was the toast of the town"
- (v): make brown and crisp by heating; "toast bread"; "crisp potatoes"
- (v): propose a toast to; "Let us toast the birthday girl!"; "Let''s drink to the New Year"