Thesaurus for transport
Pronunciation of transport: T R AE0 N S P AO1 R T ('træns,poʊrt)
Number of syllables of transport: 2
Pronunciation Video of transport
Definition of transport
- (n): the commercial enterprise of transporting goods and materials
- (n): something that serves as a means of transportation
- (n): a mechanism that transport magnetic tape across the read/write heads of a tape playback/recorder
- (n): an exchange of molecules (and their kinetic energy and momentum) across the boundary between adjacent layers of a fluid or across cell membranes
- (n): a state of being carried away by overwhelming emotion; "listening to sweet music in a perfect rapture"- Charles Dickens
- (v): send from one person or place to another; "transmit a message"
- (v): move while supporting, either in a vehicle or in one''s hands or on one''s body; "You must carry your camping gear"; "carry the suitcases to the car"; "This train is carrying nuclear waste"; "These pipes carry waste water into the river"
- (v): hold spellbound
- (v): transport commercially
- (v): move something or somebody around; usually over long distances
Examples of transport
- Only the transport helicopters and trainers are currently serviceable.
- The wet terrain of the interior complicates transport.
- Retrograde transport is common in the early stages.
- Also, the transport level is getting burdensome.
- The adaptable transport continued in postwar use.
- Transport dept wakes up from slumber.
- Fenestration and discontinuity of the endothelium facilitates this transport.
- The problem of the community is the private transport.
- The cogs transport the wire over the wheels.
- Auto Transport is used to move the vehicle from the factory to the dealerships.