Thesaurus for unit
Definition of unit
- (n): an assemblage of parts that is regarded as a single entity; "how big is that part compared to the whole?"; "the team is a unit"
- (n): a single undivided whole; "an idea is not a unit that can be moved from one brain to another"
- (n): an organization regarded as part of a larger social group; "the coach said the offensive unit did a good job"; "after the battle the soldier had trouble rejoining his unit"
- (n): a single undivided natural thing occurring in the composition of something else; "units of nucleic acids"
- (n): any division of quantity accepted as a standard of measurement or exchange; "the dollar is the United States unit of currency"; "a unit of wheat is a bushel"; "change per unit volume"
- (n): an individual or group or structure or other entity regarded as a structural or functional constituent of a whole; "the reduced the number of units and installations"; "the word is a basic linguistic unit"