Thesaurus for utter
Pronunciation of utter: AH1 T ER0 ('ətər)
Number of syllables of utter: 2
Pronunciation Video of utter
Definition of utter
- (v): articulate; either verbally or with a cry, shout, or noise; "She expressed her anger"; "He uttered a curse"
- (v): express in speech; "She talks a lot of nonsense"; "This depressed patient does not verbalize"
- (v): express audibly; utter sounds (not necessarily words); "She let out a big heavy sigh"; "He uttered strange sounds that nobody could understand"
- (v): put into circulation; "utter counterfeit currency"
Examples of utter
- Have I just argued for utter permissiveness
- The egregious thing to me is the utter lack of remorse.
- But unsurprising, given the utter lack of introspection displayed here.
- The man's utter barefaced brazen hypocrisy is mindblowing.
- Early reviews may have ranged from utter repulsion to faint praise.
- The utter uncanny diabolical schemes of that evil kabal.
- After all, the latter include a lot of utter nonentities.
- The content of this page is utter travesty.
- We are talking about the utter fringe.
- I'm completely amazed by the utter incongruity of reasoning.