- manner, mode, style, fashion, means, agency, direction, path, way of life, room, elbow room, artefact, artifact, category, choice, condition, course, course of action, distance, effectuation, implementation, itinerary, journey, journeying, part, percentage, pick, portion, position, property, route, selection, share, spatial relation, status
- (n): how a result is obtained or an end is achieved; "a means of control"; "an example is the best agency of instruction"; "the true way to success"
- (n): a journey or passage; "they are on the way"
- (n): a course of conduct; "the path of virtue"; "we went our separate ways"; "our paths in life led us apart"; "genius usually follows a revolutionary path"
- (n): any artifact consisting of a road or path affording passage from one place to another; "he said he was looking for the way out"
- (n): how something is done or how it happens; "her dignified manner"; "his rapid manner of talking"; "their nomadic mode of existence"; "in the characteristic New York style"; "a lonely way of life"; "in an abrasive fashion"
- (n): the property of distance in general; "it''s a long way to Moscow"; "he went a long ways"
- (n): doing as one pleases or chooses; "if I had my way"
- (n): a general category of things; used in the expression `in the way of''; "they didn''t have much in the way of clothing"
- (n): a line leading to a place or point; "he looked the other direction"; "didn''t know the way home"
- (n): a portion of something divided into shares; "the split the loot three ways"
- (n): space for movement; "room to pass"; "make way for"; "hardly enough elbow room to turn around"
- (n): the condition of things generally; "that''s the way it is"; "I felt the same way"
- (r): to a great degree or by a great distance; very much (`right smart'' is regional in the United States); "way over budget"; "way off base"; "the other side of the hill is right smart steeper than the side we are on"