Thesaurus for weather
Pronunciation of weather: W EH1 DH ER0 ('wɛðər)
Number of syllables of weather: 2
Pronunciation Video of weather
Definition of weather
- (n): the meteorological conditions: temperature and wind and clouds and precipitation; "they were hoping for good weather"; "every day we have weather conditions and yesterday was no exception"
- (v): change under the action or influence of the weather; "A weathered old hut"
- (v): sail to the windward of
- (v): cause to slope
- (v): face or endure with courage; "She braved the elements"
Examples of weather
- The walk is intolerable in cold weather.
- The hot weather was atypical.
- The weather remains cold and chilly.
- The weather is hot and sultry.
- The weather is generally cold and foggy.
- Do you prefer sultry weather over cold weather
- The weather is hot in July.
- The disease was degenerated due to the cold weather.
- The weather in tropical is dank and hot.
- The hot weather spoiled the meat.