Thesaurus for will
Pronunciation of will: W IH1 L (wɪl)
Number of syllables of will: 1
Pronunciation Video of will
Definition of will
- (n): the capability of conscious choice and decision and intention; "the exercise of their volition we construe as revolt"- George Meredith
- (n): a fixed and persistent intent or purpose; "where there''s a will there''s a way"
- (n): a legal document declaring a person''s wishes regarding the disposal of their property when they die
- (v): determine by choice; "This action was willed and intended"
- (v): have in mind; "I will take the exam tomorrow"
- (v): decree or ordain; "God wills our existence"
- (v): leave or give by will after one''s death; "My aunt bequeathed me all her jewelry"; "My grandfather left me his entire estate"