Thesaurus for wish
Definition of wish
- (n): the particular preference that you have; "it was his last wish"; "they should respect the wishes of the people"
- (n): (usually plural) a polite expression of desire for someone''s welfare; "give him my kind regards"; "my best wishes"
- (n): an expression of some desire or inclination; "I could tell that it was his wish that the guests leave"; "his crying was an indirect request for attention"
- (n): a specific feeling of desire; "he got his wish"; "he was above all wishing and desire"
- (v): have in mind; "I will take the exam tomorrow"
- (v): invoke upon; "wish you a nice evening"; "bid farewell"
- (v): order politely; express a wish for
- (v): make or express a wish; "I wish that Christmas were over"
- (v): hope for; have a wish; "I wish I could go home now"
- (v): feel or express a desire or hope concerning the future or fortune of
- (v): prefer or wish to do something; "Do you care to try this dish?"; "Would you like to come along to the movies?"