Thesaurus for wood
- forest, woods, Wood, Natalie Wood, Sir Henry Wood, Sir Henry Joseph Wood, Mrs. Henry Wood, Ellen Price Wood, Grant Wood, woodwind, woodwind instrument, actress, author, botany, club, conductor, director, flora, golf club, golf-club, music director, painter, plant material, vegetation, wind, wind instrument, writer
Pronunciation of wood: W UH1 D (wʊd)
Number of syllables of wood: 1
Pronunciation Video of wood
Definition of wood
Examples of wood
- The wood was drenched with gasoline.
- The lintels are of unplanned wood.
- Because the wood at the center of the tree had rotted it could not be analyzed.
- The straight grain enabled separation of planks of wood from the tree.
- The wood of the tree is used for making charcoal, firewood and wooden stakes.
- Some of the caskets of mummies in Egypt are made from the wood of this tree.
- All wood in a tree is first formed as sapwood.
- The factory produced wood alcohol and acetate.
- Today, wood from the tree is used in the Town Meeting Moderator's gavel.
- The state gem is petrified wood.