Thesaurus for words
Definition of words
- (n): language that is spoken or written; "he has a gift for words"; "she put her thoughts into words"
- (n): words making up the dialogue of a play; "the actor forgot his speech"
- (n): the text of a popular song or musical-comedy number; "his compositions always started with the lyrics"; "he wrote both words and music"; "the song uses colloquial language"
- (n): the words that are spoken; "I listened to his words very closely"
- (n): an angry dispute; "they had a quarrel"; "they had words"