Thesaurus for writing
Definition of writing
- (n): the activity of putting something in written form; "she did the thinking while he did the writing"
- (n): the act of creating written works; "writing was a form of therapy for him"; "it was a matter of disputed authorship"
- (n): letters or symbols written or imprinted on a surface to represent the sounds or words of a language; "he turned the paper over so the writing wouldn''t show"; "the doctor''s writing was illegible"
- (n): the work of a writer; anything expressed in letters of the alphabet (especially when considered from the point of view of style and effect); "the writing in her novels is excellent"; "that editorial was a fine piece of writing"
- (n): (usually plural) the collected work of an author; "the idea occurs with increasing frequency in Hemingway''s writings"